The ViA Concept and the ViA Model came to be innovated and toke the form of its first legal company back in 2004/2005 in Dubai, UAE
by its founder Lars Olof Kanngard. In 2010 he and the ViA team identefied an opertunity to acqure a processing center and a card issuer in Thailand who has
all the licences directly from BOT the Bank of Thailand, which are ecential to stand on, to be able to reach out to the unbanked consumers, firstly in
Thailand and later the region and the world.
Corporate Background - factsheet
ViA Card (Thailand) Co Ltd
is next year celebrating 10 year, which means that the company was
established back in 2005, as Payment Solution Co Ltd.
- Incorporated on 18 January 2005, as “Payment Solution Company Limited” a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital O.K. Co., Ltd. which was a joint venture
- between Shin Corporation pcl (60%) and DBS (40%), with registered capital of Baht 200 million.
- Obtained business license from the Ministry of Finance in June 2005 to engage in the business of electronic payment services.
- Launched “O.K. Cash” pre-paid cards in September 2005.
- During the period of June-September 2005, increased registered capital to Baht 550 million.
- Capital O.K. Co., Ltd. sold all of its shares in Payment Solution to Shin Corporation plc. On 19 November 2007.
- During the period of March – April 2008, increased registered capital to Baht 627 million.
- On 24 April 2008, Shin Corporation plc sold all of its shares in Payment Solution to August Holding Co., Ltd.
- Renamed as Payment Solution 2008 Co., Ltd. on 19 June 2008
- Was acquired in 2010 by a group of investors managed later by ViA Global Holdings AG
- ViA Card (Thailand) Co Ltd acqured 86% of the shares in Electronic Payment Network (Thailand) Co Ltd on 12 May 2011
- Payment Solution 2008 Co Ltd came to be renamed to ViA Card (Thailand) Co Ltd on 23 of May 2011
- ViA Card (Thailand) Co Ltd came to increase the sharecapital on 31 of May 2011 to _________
- ViA Card (Thailand) Co Ltd moved its main office to Maneeya center, Chid Lom Bangkok on 12 May 2011
ViA Card (Thailand) Co Ltd has a majority owned subsidiary named Electronic Payment network (Thailand) Co Ltd also known as e-Pay also ePay. who operates one
of the larger top-up networks with EDC terminals.
ePay was granted an exclusive right to the ePay trademark, and the ePay software back in 2005 in exchange for shares to ePay Malaysia, you can read
more on www.e-pay.company
- Full license from the Ministry of Finance and The Bank of Thailand*
- Issuance of payment cards, stored value cards (points or currencies)
- Operate on-line payment system
- Clearing and settlement
- Network switching
To view the Bank of Thailands list of payment providers in Thailand, you can
find that here
Card Issuer 10 Year
ViA Card (Thailand) Co Ltd, started as Payment Solution, celibrate 10 year in business 2015.
When OK Capital was started, the operation needed a card issuer within its family.........